I know it’s been a long minute over here, I took an unplanned break from blogging due to some projects that came up. Anyway, guys, I’m really sorry and I’m hoping to be consistent as time goes on.
So Yeah, it’s the season of love who’s excited about this month? For some February 14th is just another day. Yet for others, it is a day where one can show love to there significant other or will be the recipient of someone’s love.
Well, Valentine’s day is around the corner and if you know me, I like things on a budget and so I was thinking of the best way I could enjoy this season of love without breaking the bank. Eventually, I was able to come up with some Valentine’s day ideas on a budget this 2019.
These ideas are not just Valentine’s Day specific either. So keep these on the back burner for when it’s another time to plan a date night.
4 TIPS TO MAKING VALENTINE’S DAY SPECIAL WITHOUT BREAKING THE BANK
♦ COOK DINNER TOGETHER
Look we all have to eat right? Why not make that day extra special. Plan a special meal you both would love (it could be your everyday regular meal) and go that extra mile to make it together as a couple. Get fresh food or do whatever it takes to make that meal extra special.
I can remember when the hubby and I worked together preparing really fancy meals back then after the wedding but life happened and we got so busy with work, which made us to hardly have time to really play with our meals and come up with Creative ideas. But since this is a special day, we can be intentional about this and plan towards it
Bonus tip; You can find a simple food recipe on Pinterest using ingredients you already have on hand pour yourselves a glass of wine and just have fun.
♦ GO OUT JUST FOR DESSERT
Personally, I’m a sweet tooth and going out to grab a little cup of ice cream would put a smile on my face. When on a budget, the solution can be something as simple as going out for just dessert — just the two of you.
♦ MAKE A HOMEMADE CARD
Yup, gather your art supplies and get your creative mind flowing. I’m a sucker for making cheesy handmade cards or handwritten letters and I think it just shows to your partner that you’re very thoughtful and you’ve taken out time to go the extra mile. This is something that is priceless.
♦ PICNIC AT HOME
Who doesn’t like the idea of having a picnic? Well, I love the idea but if you want to try something different and Cozy, then an indoor picnic is a great idea. And here are a few things you’d need to make this possible:
• A nice blanket or mat
• A big enough space for two. Move around the furniture in your living room.
• Food which you both already prepared together or bought out.
• A glass of wine or juice to toast with.
• Mood Setting Music. You could create your own playlist and select songs that you both love or probably you could find some playlist on YouTube. Here’s a playlist that I think might be helpful, Music Box
• Movies to Watch. This part is for all the movie lovers and I’ll recommend binge-watching a selected number of romance movies. Here’s a few you could try:
» A walk to remember
» The Note Book
» Dear John
» Best of Me
• Play A Game together. We all have cards at home or other games. Why not bring them out and have a great time.
• Take a walk down memory lane with old pictures and videos and reminisce on the good times together
These are just a few examples of things that are inexpensive and show love. Put all these together and you have planned the perfect day on a budget! Let me know how it goes
What are YOUR plans this Valentine’s Day?
Till next time
Loads of Love❤❤❤